Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Finally an update!

I've been such a slacker lately getting things posted. It's not that we haven't done anything, it's just that time has seemed to fast forward, or at least play really really fast. And before I know it, it's half way through March. My angel parents took Janelle for the afternoon to a movie so I could take a nap. And now I'm sitting here and eating a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, drinking chocolate milk, updating our blog, and completely ignoring the calls of my dirty kitchen.
Let's see, what has happened in the last month??? Well, my amazing in-laws came down from Utah to help us finish our "little" office remodeling project. We really didn't know what we had gotten ourselves into, so Bill and Kay flew down to give us a few lessons. They're definately the experts on wall-building, closet building, and skylight installing! In the 3 days that they were here, we got nearly the whole room complete. Once they left I finished painting, we cleaned up the room from the big mess we made, moved some furniture in, and it is looking really good! There are still a few minor things to finish like patching up the carpet and replacing the ugly blinds, and touching up a few spots. But it feels so nice to finally have it looking nice after a whole year of being "under construction"!
A week later, my mother-in-law flew out to Boise for the birth of my niece, Alex Kay Terry. Congrats to Jenni and Brad and big sister, Ayden! From the pictures and web-camming (can you turn that into a verb???), little Alex appears to be such a sweetheart! I've been dying to get out there and see her in person! Unfortunately flights aren't very cheap right now, and I probably would not make it if I were to just hop in the car and go. (Or I would make it, and would should have taken me 3 days would probably take me a week!)
Oh yeah, sometime this last month I got a new calling...Enrichment leader. It's kind of funny that they called me to that position. I've been on the Enrichment board for over a year now and was expecting something new when our ward split, like a Primary class, or Sacrament Meeting Program-maker! So I go into to talk with the bishop and he tells me the calling and at first I just didn't believe him. I'm definately not the "leader" type I guess you could say. But I accepted the call with the hope that I'll be able to get the calling right. We shall see how it goes.
This week started spring break for my sisters still in school. We've had a fun few days so far. Yesterday we went ice skating at the Dr. Pepper Star Center. It was a lot of fun! (Well, technically, I didn't actually skate seeing as I'm a little off centered right now.) But Janelle had a blast, and towards the end she was skating all by herself! It was so fun watching her figure it out. Grandma, Aunt Rachel, and Aunt Erin were all kind enough to help her out on the rink while I sat on the side and took pictures. Then today we spent all morning at Lifetime Fitness. We did a few machines (elliptical and bike), lifted a few weights, played tennis, and then went swimming. They have a kids club there which Janelle loves to go to, so she has just as good of a time as the rest of us! At the end I took her swimming, and by the time she left she could hardly keep her eyes open! Tomorrow Kyle has the day off and we are headed to the zoo. We're very excited to take Janelle to see the animals. It should be a fun day. I'll take lots of pictures and post them later. (Hopefully sooner that in a month!)
Welcome to the world Alex Kay Terry! My newest niece! Congrats to Brad and Jenny!


Janelle "helping" with our office remodel job.



Grandpa teaching Janelle to hammer nails.



Janelle told me to take this picture of her while she made a silly face.