Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Here's to Steve Irwin


I was saddened to hear of the death of Steve Irwin, the great "Crocodile Hunter." His show always proved to be educational and entertaining. Being struck in the heart by a sting ray sounds like such a bizarre way to die. What are the chances it would hit him right in the chest? It just made me think that maybe he was needed up in heaven for something important. Best wishes to his wife and two children.

P.S. This crocodile picture was taken at the Dallas Aquarium...it just made me think of Mr. Irwin as I was flipping through pictures today.

3 comments:

Emily said...

Laura,
Jeff had a special connection to Steve Irwin because of his mission in Brisbane Australia. He would drive by the Australia Zoo every now and then, he never did stop, but this was before the Crocodile Hunter was famous. We were so sad yesterday, I feel as if it were a great loss, and an unusual way to die. There must be another plan for him, that is the only way to justify the bizarre circumstances.

Mindy said...

I was so sad to hear that he died as well. It is awful how it happened, too. My heart goes out to his wife and kids. I heard that on the news and was like Chris don't change the channel. I was always interested in his adventures.

Jenni said...

His death is the first celebrity death that really hit me hard. I always thought he was touchless. He seemed more inhuman then superman to me. I just can't imagin he is gone.