Saturday, February 10, 2007

Early Spring CleaningToday was "Clean the playroom" day. (Don't worry, we purposely made this mess!) About once a month we dump out all the drawers and boxes etc. into one big pile and separate toys and dress ups into their rightful containers. Quite honestly, I kind of like doing this. The kids play so much better when things are in their right places and I don't have to worry about teeny tiny Barbie shoes in Spencer's toys, plus there is such a feeling of satisfaction when it's all done!
Spencer has proven to have quite a different personality than Janelle. Janelle was always (and still is) kind of a cautious child. She absolutely HATED any kind of toy that talks or makes noise, they scared her to death! She also likes to scope out and internalize new experiences before plunging into them head on. Spencer on the other hand thinks toys that talk are hilarious. He found this "Boo" doll that we've had forever and kept talking and laughing at it. Janelle would have nothing to do with it up until today when Spencer decided he liked it. THEN she decided she liked it and wanted to play with it. Spencer also likes to face things head on. For example, last night we took the kids swimming. Janelle is kind of a wimp around the water, she likes to just play right near me in the shallow end - even when she was little I never really had to worry about her much in the pool because she'd always stay so close. Spencer crawled right in and would have kept going right under had I not steered him towards the shallow end! I think Spencer is going to be great for Janelle...and vice versa.

All clean!!!

P.S. Don't you love the outfit Janelle picked today? A leotard and ballet skirt...very appropriate for the freezing cold weather we have today.

3 comments:

~Jen~ said...

I had to laugh about Spencer in the water. Our children sound alot alike. Bella is very cautious while Natalie is not afraid of anything. I took them swimming yesterday and Natalie was purposely dunking herself in the water and laughing and Bella had to be right next to me at all times. Too funny. Oh, and I took Isabella to a baptism tonight because she's been asking to see one and now she says she can't be baptized because she can't go under the water!

Ginger said...

We SOOO need to follow your lead. Our toys look the same but we didn't do it on purpose. I think Spencer is looking very Platt-ish in his old age.

Emily said...

Miss Laura,
You are just to organized. What an example to the rest of us!