Tuesday, June 12, 2007

New Cell Phone


Well, the iMac is still in for service, but I did get a "new" cell phone. We're trying to finish up with our Sprint contract so we can switch to a new provider in October, so we're trying to hold out on new phones until then. Fortunately my family just switched to AT&T from Sprint so they had all their old phones and I was able to get Sprint to transfer my number to one of their old phones. I LOVE free stuff!

The bad thing is that I lost all of my contact information, so I was wondering if those who ever want to receive a call from me could either email me your numbers or just call me from the phone number you want me to have (I have the same phone number), so I can just save it. Mostly I lost cell numbers, I still have family and ward member numbers, but that's all. Thanks!!!!

In other Mammen news, Spencer had his VCUG today. Oh boy, was that an intense half an hour. The poor thing had to be held down by me and two nurses (one of them being a pretty tall male nurse) while they put in his catheter and then while the radiologist took all the pictures he needed. He would cry, and then calm himself down for 20 seconds with his thumb in his mouth, and then let out a shriek and then cry some more, then calm down, etc., etc. The worst part was that he kept saying, "Mamamamama...." between all his cries. That broke my heart the most. But it's all over, HOPEFULLY he won't have to do it again, but we'll see. He still has a little stage 1 reflux, but it's not too bad. When he was born I think it was at stage 3 which is much worse. I'm just waiting to hear from his urologist to see if I need to keep giving him his antibiotic. For now Spencer's taking a "sick" day and taking it easy for the rest of the day.

4 comments:

Crystal said...

Oh! the poor little guy!! I hope the doctor gives good news!

Shay said...

I'm glad you got a phone so soon! Poor Spencer, and poor you for having to go through that. It would be heartbreaking. I'm glad he is getting better!

Anonymous said...

Oh, poor Spencer and poor you too Laura. It's so hard to see your children suffering. Thank you for the update. Hopefully he won't need his antibiotics anymore. Give him a kiss from Grandma and Janelle too of course!!
Love, Kay

becki said...

so happy it's over, for now. fingers crossed he won't have to do it again.
will email phone number.
tomorrow is last swim day!!!