Tuesday, January 15, 2008

The Beach

Ironically, I really do not have a lot of pictures of us at the beach. This one day that I actually remembered my camera (and the battery!) it was on a psycho setting and taking funky pictures that I only realized once we got back to our hotel room. Fortunately my parents and sisters also took pictures on their cameras, so as soon as I get copies from them I'll post the better beach pictures.

This one particular day at the beach was amazing! It was my absolute favorite day! The sky was partly overcast and the waves were amazing. Our hotel was on a lagoon so it was protected from the crashing waves, but this day they were even big in the lagoon. The water was a bit chilly, but fine once you got completely in. The waves were a blast to ride in on. We had a blow up tube and took turns riding the waves up to the beach. It even started raining for a few minutes while were were out there which scared away a bunch of people, so by the time it stopped we almost had the beach to ourselves. It was great!

Janelle was a little nervous of the stronger current in the water, so she opted to stay on the beach in Daddy's "pool."

This was actually taken at the pool, but I thought it was a cute picture of the kids all playing together.




4 comments:

Jenni said...

It looks like a great time! I wish we could go. I really want to go back and take Brad some day. I don't think there is a much better place out there.
I bet it is hard to be home!

Sarah said...

Sounds like a very fun trip! Take us next time okay? :) :)

Emily said...

Looks like a great time, I am so jealous! Jeff is going to be in Hawaii on a weekly basis so I am going to have to send him to do my shopping for me... but it's just not the same. Hopefully we will be able to make it out in the summer time before Josh starts school... that's the plan anyway. How was your plane ride with the kids?

-Laura- said...

Jenni- Lets ALL go (minus kids)!!!

Sarah- Okee dokee, I'll count you in for next time!

Emily- You guys should definitely go. Your boys would have a great time. Janelle loved it! If I could have avoided it I would have left Spencer, he was too young to handle such a big trip, but Janelle was a complete angel. She did great on the airplane (thank heavens for portable DVD players)! I also gave her some children's dramamine, so she slept a good portion of the flights. Spencer, on the other hand...