Monday, November 10, 2008

Cel-e-bra-tion, come on let's celebrate and have a good time!

This is where I was all last week...
Yes, you read that right. My dad wanted to celebrate his 50th birthday with Mickey Mouse. Why, you ask?
.
.
Something about avoiding large parties and wanting to feel young again... Hey we didn't complain! It was about the coolest birthday party ever!

We left on the 31st of October and spent our Halloween festivities on Disney's Boardwalk. I knew there would be some kind of Halloween function going on at the hotel we were staying at, but didn't know for sure about it until we got there. As a result, I decided to lay low on the costumes this year. Janelle had been planning on being a cheerleader for about 2 months and then at the last second decided she wanted to be "Dorothy" again. That was fine with me, my mom and I worked so hard on that dress, we may as well get two Halloweens out of it! Spencer decided he wanted to wear his cool BYU basketball attire (okay, so Mommy decided...but he didn't complain, he's still a little oblivious to the perks of Halloween). I let the kids wear their costumes on the plane where they got adoring smiles and candy from security. :)
.
.
By the time we made it to our hotel, let the kids play at the pool, got dinner and then re-dressed in their costumes it was 7pm. Needless to say, Spencer (who had been napless all day) was all tuckered out. My brother, Daniel (who had gotten up at 4:30 that morning to catch his flight) offered to chill with Spencer in our room while we took Janelle out.
.
.
The Boardwalk was so fun! There was a big dance party, crafts, and trick-or-treating of course!

Here's Dorothy and "Auntie Em" dressed as a Cowboy's fan.

I love this picture of Kyle and Janelle! Janelle had so much fun at the dance party. She danced with Mom, Dad and even pulled Emily onto the dance floor. Then she boogied on over to the stage and danced with the DJ!
After dancing and doing crafts there wasn't much time left for trick-or-treating, so we hit a few shops and then decided to just let her pick out a Halloween treat at a nearby bakery. Of course she picked the confetti Mickey-shaped cake that she ate all by herself! I figured it was probably equal to or even less sugar than she would have consumed had we been at home trick-or-treating. Halloween only comes once a year, right?
Pretty Dorothy.


For the first two nights we were at Disney World we stayed at the Beach Club Resort. It was one cool hotel! I would love to go back there sometime. This is a view of the Boardwalk across the lake from where we were staying.

When we made it home, here's how we found Uncle Daniel and Spence...
...all tuckered out!

And I am a horrible mother and in the hustle and bustle of the day didn't get one single picture of Spencer dressed up in his basketball uniform on Halloween. But this is pretty much what he looked like. Sorry Spence!!!
stay tuned...I have a bajillion more pictures to post!

6 comments:

Emily said...

I don't know why-- but I giggled through your whole post! Was it the picture of dancing Kyle? Was it the picture of Uncle Daniel and Spencer in that bed? I don't know, but it was so cute!

Jenni said...

Finally some updates! I swear I have checked everyday to see if there was something new. I didn't even know you guys went to orlando until your comment on my blog. It looks like it was fun.

Shay said...

I was wondering where you have been. I'm glad it was somewhere fun!

-Melissa- said...

How fun! Glad you guys had a great time. We love Disney World.

kay said...

What a fun way to spend Halloween and Richard's birthday. The kids look so cute. We can't wait to see you!!
Love, Kay

Crystal said...

If your parents are looking to adopt, I'm available. :-)