Today is Evelyn's due date and I can't even tell you how happy I am that she's been with us two weeks already! She is a little sweetheart. She LOVES to be held. She's a fitful sleeper in her bed or bouncy seat or swing, tossing and turning and making her little squeaky noises, but the second you pick her up and cuddle her she melts right into your arms and falls into a peaceful sleep. It's pretty hard to pass up that up. :)
I had to take her to the doctor two days ago because her right eye got really pussy. Fortunately it was just a clogged tear duct and we just had to rub it and keep it clean with a warm wash cloth, it's already cleared up. They took her weight and height while we were there and her height only measured at 21 1/2 inches instead of the 23 they measured at the hospital! No, she's not shrinking. Haha! The nurse said in her experience 70% of the time the hospital gets the height measurement wrong. I watched her measure her and sure enough, the 21 1/2 inches was legit. I knew there was no way she could be THAT long! She's still tall, and has some impressive long legs and feet, but she's little to me. She is still wearing newborn size diapers and clothes. :) When we left the hospital her weight had gone down to 8 lbs. 14 oz., but at the doctor she was back up to 9 lbs. 6 oz. Two more ounces to go and she'll be right back where she started...minus and inch and a half. Haha!
Other than her eye, really the only problem she's got is a slight herniated belly button. Her umbilical cord fell off after a week, and the doctor at the hospital said her belly button should go down on it's own since it's so slight. She goes in for her newborn check up in a week and a half so we'll see what my Uncle Bryan says about it.
So far, she's been a fairly laid back baby. She sleeps really well at night only waking up about twice. She starts out in her bouncy seat but usually ends up in bed with us around 2-3am. She just sleeps so much better when she's right up next to someone. She's my last baby, I'm going to enjoy the cuddle time while I can. :) When she's hungry, she makes little grunting and squeaking noises. Sometimes she cries, but not very often! (Knock on wood!)
I can't even express how happy I am that she's joined our little family. Her pregnancy was definitely my hardest, and I know I complained a LOT about it, but I'm so happy that our little Evelyn Grace is here. We've all fallen in love with her!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
How funny that her height measurement was wrong. :) My little guy has had problems with a clogged tear duct since he was born. I'm glad Evelyn's eye cleared up already. And I'm glad she's letting you sleep!
She is such a doll--I can't believe how big she is! She's going to be like Janelle--she's got a good inch on Parker:) I've said the same thing about Claire--since she's my last one, I don't feel bad about letting her sleep with us. You have to enjoy every minute of newborn-ness because it doesn't last long enough!
Post a Comment