Sunday, January 29, 2012

Rx

I'd just like to say how thankful I am for modern medicine.  In December, I went to my endocrinologist to get my thyroid levels checked.  I'd been two months earlier and they told me to stop taking my Rx for my hypothyroidism because my levels were getting back to normal.  I'd been off of it for two months.  I went to my appointment and thought that I was still feeling normal.  They were pretty confident I was fine.  I was supposed to get the results of my blood work after Christmas.  Ironically, fairly quickly after that appointment, I started feeling REALLY stressed out.  I was becoming irritable, couldn't sleep at night and worried about things all the time.  I even started having minor panic attacks if I had to get up in the middle of the night.  This is something I'd never experienced in my life.  Weird.  I just attributed it to some stressful things going on in my life and left it at that.  Fast forward to after Christmas, I get a phone call from my doctor's office telling me that my levels were at 15 and the highest they should get is 4.5.  Aha!  No wonder I was feeling so crazy!  I started my medication up again.  It took a few weeks, but I have since relaxed quite a bit and have been able to sleep again.  Let me tell you how horrible it is to not be able to sleep!  I am extremely grateful for that tiny white pill that I take every morning that has pulled me out of the crazies!

1 comment:

Ginger said...

I'm glad you're feeling better, princess! Seriously - drugs can be soo good!