1. "I need to go potty."
2. "I need more water in my cup." or "You forgot to get me a cup of water."
3. "You forgot to turn my fan on."
4. "You have to come and shut my closet door."
5. "Ummm...I need to tell you something..." (with a desperate attempt to think of something worthwhile on the spot to tell Kyle or I.)
6. "You HAVE to tell Daddy to give me a hug and a kiss when he gets home." (Even though he always does anyway.)
7. "Do I have preschool tomorrow?"
8. "I can't find Lisa." (Her stuffed tiger she always sleeps with that we usually find underneath her covers.)
8. "I can't find Lisa." (Her stuffed tiger she always sleeps with that we usually find underneath her covers.)
9. "Can I have a Barbie bandaid on my owie in the morning?"
...and tonight's favorite excuse:
10. "Whenever I move my thumb it pops, and it really hurts." (After showing me that she's popping it on purpose.)
...and tonight's favorite excuse:
10. "Whenever I move my thumb it pops, and it really hurts." (After showing me that she's popping it on purpose.)
After an average of getting out of bed about 5 times every night, Kyle and I had had it. I found this idea in a magazine to give your kid one "Get Out of Bed Free" card each night. They can use it once a night, but if they get out twice then they don't get it the next night. This idea has worked WONDERS for Janelle's bedtime routine. Yeah, she still gets up with random unnecessary excuses, but now it's only once a night. Thank Heavens!!!
Stay tuned for Disney pictures coming soon!
Stay tuned for Disney pictures coming soon!



9 comments:
Thats a good idea
That is a great idea! I don't think it'll work for Kathryn yet, but I'll have to remember that.
We don't have a problem quite as much as before. But, Kathryn has a child proof thing on her door (and it much too small to figure it out) so she just calls us. Anyway... I feel your pain, but I'm glad that's working!
Ha ha ha... I think that is just about the same list we have going for Abby. I love to check out your blog. You always have such cute ideas and stories.
rylei has the child knob on her door and knows that she can't get out at night, but quiet time is a WHOLE different story.
How diplomatic, President Laura. You could always threaten her within an inch of her life like my Mom did. :o)
Cute idea... so glad it works. Ben stays right where you put him for bedtime, Josh is a different story, but is getting better in his old age!
very good idea. thanks for sharing!
Avary has been doing the same thing lately. Janelle's excuses are so funny! I love your idea.
I'm definitely going to have to try the "Get Out of Bed Free Card." I swear sometimes it takes an hour of threats before we can get both Charlie and Parker to bed. You'll have to check out the video on my blog--I found it the other night right after I read this post on your blog and had to laugh:)
Post a Comment