Hi my name is Spencer and I am 2 months shy of turning 2.
Yesterday I got this super cool fire truck tatoo from story time at the library. I couldn't wait for mommy to put it on me.
However, the second she pulled the washcloth away and revealed my treasured "sticker," I realized it wasn't like other stickers. I could not for the life of me get this thing off! What's a toddler to do? I pulled out the water works, the screaming, you know...the whole tantrum thing.
"Please Mom, just get it off!"
So after Mommy viciously rubbed the thing off, (with me screaming the entire time just in case she wasn't sure how I felt about having a "sticker" stuck on me), I looked down at my arm and then looked for my fire truck. Where was my sticker? Did Mommy have it?
No.
Was it still in the kitchen?
No.
The bathroom?
No.
Oh no! I want my sticker back! Where's my sticker?!?!
(More screaming, yelling "Owie!!!!", and tantrum throwing.)
When Daddy got home from school, I went right up to him to tattle. I pointed to my arm that was still red and said,
"Owie...Mommy...Bus."
("Mommy gave me this owie after taking off my fire truck tattoo that was stuck on my arm and now it's lost.")
I can't wait until I'm really 2!
No.
Was it still in the kitchen?
No.
The bathroom?
No.
Oh no! I want my sticker back! Where's my sticker?!?!
(More screaming, yelling "Owie!!!!", and tantrum throwing.)
When Daddy got home from school, I went right up to him to tattle. I pointed to my arm that was still red and said,
"Owie...Mommy...Bus."
("Mommy gave me this owie after taking off my fire truck tattoo that was stuck on my arm and now it's lost.")
I can't wait until I'm really 2!


8 comments:
Oh boy! Isn't it fun? Ben's a couple months shy of turning 3 but I see the "terrible 2s" lingering quite a while longer. Good luck!
Oh my goodness!! 2 year olds are full of drama. Different than girl drama though. I don't remember my girls acting like this.
That is a lot of drama... Poor spencer, all he got to show for his troubles was a red arm...
Oh Spence, we've so been there with the temporary tattoos. It's a rough lesson to learn.
I love learning all about the things to come.... He's is still so precious, you have gorgeous children!
Too funny! I've never thought about how a toddler might think about a tatoo. Guess I wont' try it with douglas since he pulls stickers off imediately.
That's so funny! Poor Spencer. Life can be so tough when your almost 2.
that is HILARIOUS! wish i could have seen his face and his look of shock, what the heck kind of truck is that? and wait-where's my bus? too funny!!
Post a Comment