Yesterday Kyle and I went on 2 double dates. It was a fabulous day!
In the morning we went on a 13 mile bike ride with our friends, Sherri and John. Sherri is my triathlon training buddy, and her husband is a major biker, so he led us on our biking journey. Kyle and John gave me some great biking tips (since I haven't biked since I was probably 12) and I feel a little more prepared for the biking part of my race now. We got back to our cars sweaty, hot, and dirty, but eager to do it again!
In the morning we went on a 13 mile bike ride with our friends, Sherri and John. Sherri is my triathlon training buddy, and her husband is a major biker, so he led us on our biking journey. Kyle and John gave me some great biking tips (since I haven't biked since I was probably 12) and I feel a little more prepared for the biking part of my race now. We got back to our cars sweaty, hot, and dirty, but eager to do it again!
Unfortunately I am a major clutz and couldn't get down taking pictures while biking at the same time, but I managed to snap a few during a water break. Too bad though, I missed out on some great photo ops. It was beautiful where we biked!
Date #2 was dinner at our house with my sister, Rachel and my old friend from BYU, Sam. Kyle wowed us with his perfectly tender brisket that he stuck in the oven at 9:30 in the morning. It was the perfect Texas BBQ: Brisket, corn on the cob, watermelon, salad and rolls. And for dessert Sara Lee made us her famous key lime pie.

Then we played the Wii.
(No we don't have one, we just stole my parent's for the night!)
We made it through a couple rounds of tennis, two games of baseball, and one game of bowling. Bowling proved to be the most fun. Rachel blew us all out of the water with her score, Kyle impressed us by throwing the ball backwards and watching all the Wii people jump in unison, and Sam ended the game with a bang with his strike.





10 comments:
How long did it take you to bike the 13 mi? I was telling Sherri that I wished I would have known about the triathlon sooner. I don't actually own a bike, but I'm sure I could have scrounged one up...
Ah well. Maybe I'll make it to the White Rock half-marathon this fall instead.
Celia- I think it took us about an hour and a half, but we made a few stops for water and to figure out where we were. Plus we had a few major hills. (Okay, not like Utah major, but major for Texas!)
Sherri and I might do another one this fall if you're interested! (That is, if we survive our first one!)
You guys are amazing! I really need to start working out, you are inspiring me to get off my lazy bum! :-) That brisket looks amazing. Missed you at church today. Hope you are all feeling alright.
Kirstin
P.S. I have a digital scrapbooking program that I bought and just steal the embelishments from and use them in photoshop, but I also just google different images that I need and download them. There are also some freebie scrapbooking downloads I have used. :-) I am still pretty new at it, but it is fun. I just looked at the scrapbook pages you have posted. SOOO CUTE!!!
ooh... i look good in black and white. i wonder if the universe could change to black and white just for me.
thanks for the invite to the blog. i will likely be blog-stalking you from now on... mwwwhahahaha
Kirsten- I am going to have to start googling more images. What a smart idea! It's nice finding out what other people do, because I get stuck in a rut so often! Thanks!
Sam- I know. Isn't black and white so classy? Okay, honestly, my camera is horrible about red eyes and black and white is the best way to fix it! Feel free to blog stalk anytime! (And go take a gander over to Ally's blog!)
What a busy day! And I have to ask, how is your bum? 13 miles, ouch!!
I remember Sam. What is he in town for? Crazy small world. Congrats on the bike ride. A triatholn is an awesome feat. When is the big race day? How many miles is th erun, swim, and bike? Keep up the good work!
i'm SO proud of you! what a fun time the bike ride must have been-can you tell i'm being sarcastic! it's been totally HOT and i would have been a sweatin' pig!
Sam looks nice and cute-hope him and rachel had fun-any word on any future dates?? feel free to comment sam??!!! us bloggers would LOVE to hear all about it!
Crystal- Actually my bum scored a cushy seat. I'm borrowing my mom's bike and she has an awesome seat with a spring and everything. So my rear end was perfectly fine, although I have to tell you everyone else was complaining about their rears by the end!
Becka- He actually lives down here, so when my sister saw him at a singles activity I told her to ask him to dinner at our house! It was so fun seeing him again! Oh yeah, and the tri is a 350 meter swim, 12 mi bike, and 5k run. Only 3 weeks left to train!
Becki- I WAS a sweating pig, I'm not going to lie! It was still fun though. I haven't been that dirty in such a long time!
Wow, Sam! I remember him, too. Small world.
Post a Comment