Thursday, August 14, 2008

Pie Crust Craze


Throughout my married life I have attempted pie crusts over and over to no avail. They just end up yucky, tasteless, crumbly, cracked, you name it, I've done it to a pie crust. So a couple of weeks ago Kyle brought back a huge box of peaches from the farmer's market. Just smelling them made me crave my mom's fresh peach pie. Of course, with my pie crust failure history I was a little leery of attempting it. But my craving was getting stronger and stronger by the day, so I faced my fears and went for it. To my utter dismay, I finally made an absolutely amazing pie crust! I don't know what I'd done different. I use the same recipe each time, but this time it worked. The crust was flaky AND tasty! Yea for me! And the peaches turned out amazing in the pie! Want the recipe? Go here.

5 comments:

-Melissa- said...

I love peach pie. Your pie looks delish!

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

Glad the pie crust finally worked! Congrats to you! Gold medal.

You crack me up that you continue to use the recipe that has always gone amiss. If you ever do want to experiment, I've found a recipe that has worked WAY better (and much more consistently) for me than others (and I've tried a lot of recipes...all butter, all shortening, shortening and butter combo, with/without egg, with/without vinegar, etc.)

Emily said...

I love when you conquer that ONE recipe! Mine happened to be pie crust too-- WHOO HOO! Looks good!

Shay said...

Looks really yummy! I've never actually attempted a roll-out pie crust. I always make a "Same Pan Pie Crust" recipe that my mom always used. I like it, and its easy. Maybe I'll try the normal kind some day.

kay said...

Oh my gosh! My mouth is literally watering!! I can almost taste it!!
Love, Kay