So instead of doing what I am supposed to be doing, I'm blogging. And because I feel guilty about it, I'm uploading the pictures raw with no resizing and no editing. But here's a glimpse of our Thanksgiving!
While I was running the Dallas YMCA Turkey Trot with my two cool friends Kirstin and Erin (who kicked my butt by-the-way!)....
...my in-laws and husband were busy in the kitchen making all of this...
No offense to anybody else's Thanksgiving dinners, but I'm pretty sure mine was the best ever. Kyle and Bill made the most amazing turkey, brining it and everything the night before, Kay made the most delectable stuffing from fresh french bread, we had gruyere mashed potatoes, savory spinach salad, and of course Bill's famous apple pie...everything was incredibly tasty. My mouth is watering just remembering it!
We even put Spencer down for a nap while we ate so we could REALLY enjoy our dinner. (I know, mean, but honestly, he wouldn't even eat anything we'd made, nor would he know what he was missing out on.)
It was so nice having Kyle's parents here! We ate good food, played games, ate more food, watched movies, ate even more food, went to McKinney's Dickens of a Christmas, and ate some more! Thank you for coming Bill and Kay!!! We miss you already!


9 comments:
I am glad you posted even though you should be doing other things. Ihave been checking for an update daily. My parents said they had a great time. I am excited to come out in January. That food did look unbelievable. Honestly I think my parents and kyles dinner (with your rolls) would be the best thanksgiving meal you could have. Lucky you!
Yum! Do you think Bill and Kay will come make Thanksgiving for me next year? Or tomorrow?
That food looks so yummy! Glad you had a good Thanksgiving with family.
I seriously thought your pumpkin dishes were some sort of amazing jello dish. I had to enlarge the picture to see that, oh, they're just plates. I felt pretty dumb, but it gave me a good laugh.
Glad Kyle's parents were able to come! I bet the kids were spoiled rotten! I, lik Kendra, thought the same thing about the plate:-)
Oh my goodness that looks soo delicious, and soo beautiful! Like a magazine picture of how Thanksgiving dinner should look! unfortunately here I burned our turkey, haha so it wasn't anything as gloriously golden and gorgeous as yours, but we still ate it. :D
Glad you had a fun time, your dinner sounds divine!
Good job on the Turkey Trot!
That all looks so yummy, How nice to have a hubby that cooks!
I am a little late looking at the blog but I have to say that the turkey was really Kyle's doing, I was only the helper in the kitchen except I can take credit for the apple pie filling. Kay of course, did the crust. But everything including the rolls and the cranberry sauce was fantastic! We miss you already, too.
Post a Comment