Thursday, April 09, 2009

Frustration.

Four days before I found out I was pregnant, I decided to go shopping. (I really had no clue I was pregnant, it was a pretty big surprise this time around!) After having dropped a pants size (yay!!!) I was in desperate need of some jeans that weren't about to fall off of me. I found the perfect pair and proudly wore them in all their size 6 glory for about 2 weeks. And that's when I started gaining it all back. It's amazing how fast your body clicks into pregnancy mode the third time around. At 13 weeks pregnant, you would never know that I could run 8 miles straight in November, or that I ran a triathlon last summer, or that once upon a time I didn't actually have a beer-looking-belly. I was so sure that this time around, I could have this super healthy fit pregnancy, but fate had other plans for me. Instead, I'm lucky if I can walk Janelle to and from school, or even make it out of bed some days. Now I'm not complaining. I'm super excited about this baby and can't wait to meet him or her in October, but boy is it hard to look six months down the road when I barely have the energy to feed, bathe and clothe the two kids I have now! I have already gained 7 lbs. in 13 weeks and those 7 lbs. are making me look huge. Of course things are a little blown out of proportion for me right now because I'm at that stage where maternity clothes are still too big for me, but my regular clothes are too tight, so nothing fits. My wardrobe these days pretty much consists of any pants or shorts with elastic and a t-shirt. Yes, I feel so pretty these days. Ha ha! And why do you only see skinny, tan people around you when you're pregnant?!?!

Can you tell I've had a bad day? Hopefully tomorrow will be better! And I know I'll start to feel better and be able to get out and exercise a little. I can't be nauseous forever, right? (*Knock on wood!*) I keep telling myself I need to buy a couple of bigger shirts, paint my nails, and get my hair cut and I'm pretty sure I'll feel better about myself. Maybe this weekend I'll do a little self-indulging. :)

5 comments:

Shay said...

Oh Laura, I'm, sure so many of us know exactly how you feel. With all three of my pregnancies I have started out with big hopes and dreams of continuing to run for as long as I can, and only gaining the recommended 25 - 35 lbs. But, that first trimester and all the nauseousness ruins my plans for keeping in shape. Anyway, I'm sure you look great, and hopefully you'll be feeling great soon too!

the duchess said...

I need to buy you a mu'umu'u you can wear the entire 9 months. ;o)

Jenni said...

Go buy some clothes because you can wear them after the baby is born too. I am in that awful, not pregnant anymore but can't wear my clothes stage and I feel yucky. I keep thinking maybe if I get a hair cut it will help too. The beginning of pregnancy is hard. I hope you start feeling better soon.

Ally said...

Oh man, Laura...you still must be a skinny minnie. I have never been a size 6...seriously. Maybe when I was going through puberty...

WhiteEyebrows said...

Paul Clark told me that #3 is the hump... if you can get #3 into the world, #4,5,6,7,8 are all cake. (he has 8 kids...)