Today Janelle was "Alpha Wolf" (AKA: Student of the Week) for her class. This is actually the second time she's been Alpha Wolf, but my camera was lost the first time, so no pictures.
I have to brag about Janelle a little...She is SUCH a good kid! She's smart, she's never gotten in trouble, she listens, she's a peacemaker, and her teacher absolutely loves her! Every time I talk to her teacher she raves about Janelle. Anyway, on Fridays they have a little school "pep rally" kind of thing where all the Alpha Wolfs get recognized. I definitely wanted to go and take pictures since I didn't last time. I knew Spencer wouldn't be thrilled about it, but I was praying he wouldn't be too bad.
Janelle was super excited to get her award and stand in front of the whole school on the stage, she couldn't stop smiling! Spencer and I were sitting on the bleachers waving at her the whole time. Well...Spencer was waving part of the time, the other part he was climbing all over me and the bleachers.

Towards the end of the program, I wanted to get a close up picture of Janelle on the stage. So Spencer and I walked over there to take her picture and that's when he noticed the drinking fountain. Stupid drinking fountain. Of course he wanted a drink of water, so I picked him up to help him and he completely lost it. I'm not quite sure why, but I think it's because he wanted to do it himself without me picking him up. But he was too short to reach it on his own, so I had to help him! I tried to explain that to him, but he was already out of control at that point.
The kids started filing out of the gym to head back to class...and remember it's the WHOLE school, so there are a million kids and teachers. I try fighting my way through the sea of kids with Spencer screaming and flailing in my arms trying not to drop my bag in the meantime. The walk from the gym to the front of the school has never seemed SO LONG! I had to carry Spencer the entire way out screaming and crying and getting snot and saliva all over me with curious looks from kids everywhere. And to make matters worse it was SO hot in that school and Spencer is so heavy now. All the teachers kept giving me sympathetic looks as I pretty much walked through the entire school to get to the front, and then I had to trek to the parking lot with him STILL screaming. I have never in my life been so embarrassed. But there wasn't a single thing I could do to calm him down, he was going crazy!
Fortunately after a good time out (for both of us!) I was able to calm him down and he was fairly happy the rest of the day. But BOY, was that the mother of all tantrums! He's NEVER been that naughty before. Crazy kid.
But to end on a good note...here's Janelle with the poster her class made about her today. It says,
She does not play in the restroom
Sets a good example
Always good
She is a good friend
She listens to the teacher
4 check line (which she told me means she walks quietly in the halls)
Shows respect
A friend
She sits quietly
She is my friend
She listens every day
Sets a good example in line
She also got to bring home "Mr. Uptown Bear" (or Disgusto-Bear as I call him) for the weekend, which she was super excited about!
We're sure proud of her!


7 comments:
Yea Janelle!
Way to go Janelle! What a good smart girl.
Alex has been pretty awful lately, so awful that yesterday after her pediatrician saw her throwing a fit and me telling her there is nothing I can do to stop it when she gets this way she referred me to a child behavior therapist. That should make you feel better.
Jenni, I just love you! I couldn't stop laughing after your comment. :)
Sam has just started acting like he finally hit the terrible-two's. He's always been so easy-going, but I'm seeing a different side to him lately.
Congrats to Janelle for being student of the week!
Ah, the joys of parenthood. I think little boys come with some extra determination to try their parents' patience. Good job, Janelle!
What a shinging star. I especially liked the "She does not play in the restroom" line. Not everyone can claim that compliment.
Duchess, that was my favorite as well!!
I could totally envision Dean throwing that same tantrum over the water fountain. I can't imagine having to carry a flailing Spencer that whole way! He's a big kid!!
Post a Comment