Sunday, June 07, 2009

Oh Baby!

(Sorry no pictures, but I'll have a gorgeous belly shot for you again soon, I promise!)

I went in for my 21-week appointment on Monday. Everything still looks great! Because she's measuring big, I'm going to have another ultrasound in about 3 weeks for some more measurements and probably get a more accurate due date. But my doctor said I should be fine to go to our family reunion and my brother's wedding in August. Yea!

For Mother's Day my sweet, sweet husband restarted my gym membership, so I've been going quite a bit. The first few weeks I was totally fine with some slow jogging, but about two weeks ago I started getting some contractions while running. And while they're just braxton hicks contractions, I realized 20 weeks was a little early for that and decided I probably should start taking it a little easier with a growing belly. Since then I've been doing a lot of speed walking, stair climbing and time on the elliptical machine...oh yeah, and weights. I haven't had anymore contractions, so that's probably good. I also went (as mentioned earlier) to a water aerobics class with my friend, Robin, on Friday. I was pleasantly surprised to see that I could actually get a pretty good workout! Plus it was SO much more comfortable getting a good workout in a pool. I'm pretty sure I'll be going to that all summer long. Now I just need a maternity swimsuit...it's getting a little tight squeezing into my regular one!

People keep asking us if we have a name picked out, and the answer is no. We pretty much had a boys name picked out, but are having an amazingly hard time with a girl name. Either the name sounds funny with the last name Mammen, or it means something depressing, or someone in the family already used it, or we hate the nickname that might come from it, etc., etc., etc. Seriously, we are having major name issues! I am taking any and all suggestions!!! Please!!!

5 comments:

The Duckworth Family said...

Hey keep up the work outs. Lots of people give up as soon as there is a problem so good for you to know you can just modify! Don't stop ever! (of course unless your DR tells you too). It sure will make the pregnancy go so much better.

Cindy said...

Alison
Ava
Eden

Good luck!

Cindy

the duchess said...

* Madonna
** Cher
*** Pink
**** Britney

All names proven to be used successfully without a last name. ;o) Pink Mammen. Love it.

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

If you're into more "modern" names than those I gave on fb: Hailey, Arianna, Claire, Sophia (I really like that one), Nicole.

Shay said...

I totally understand how hard it can be to choose a name, only we seem to have a harder time with boy names.

Great job with your working out! I wish I'd kept it up during my pregnancy. Then, maybe I'd fit into my old jeans already!