One of my friends (Becca) entitled one of her blog posts "Blast to the past" so I thought it would be fun to post some pictures of my old friends (and family) who I have blog links to. I'm including the name of the person's blog you can visit from my links under each picture, although some of them are private blogs, sorry! Hope you all don't mind the pictures I posted!
This is me and my cousin Sarah...yup, the one that is getting married in July.
Hey Sarah, remember playing in Grandma's sandbox? And don't you love our groovy matching outfits? We look SO much alike!
Hey Sarah, remember playing in Grandma's sandbox? And don't you love our groovy matching outfits? We look SO much alike!
(Blog link: Sarah)This is me and my other cousin Kristen. Remember when people used to ask us if we were sisters, Kristen? I can now see why! We actually DO look alike. Look at that matching hair color and I think we have the same nose - must be a Platt nose.
(Blog link: Humpherys)Any guesses on who is sitting next to me at my 3rd birthday party? That would be Heather! Do you remember that birthday party Heather? Don't worry, I don't either!
(Blog link: Grundeis)The McMurry kids and I all grew up across the street from one another - we have a great past! That little blonde cutie in the front is my good friend Sarah. Hey Sarah- remember when we all went to Six Flags together? What a fun day! (Also pictured: Ben, Sam, and my sister, Rachel.)
(Blog link: Ebberts - she also has links to Ben and Sam's blogs)Here's me and my sister, Rachel. As little kids we pretty much looked nothing alike. Can you tell? Let's see, the things I remember the most about Rachel growing up: finding roly polys, climbing trees, playing dress-ups, and swimming at Grandma's house.
(Blog link: Rachel)I wasn't sure I had pictures with Jen and Mindy because they graduated a year before me and we hung out with different groups of people. But then I came across THIS picture. It cracked me up when I found it. It's a picture of a mutual night we had as Beehives modeling our mom's wedding dresses. How funny is this picture???
(From left to right: Me, Mindy, Marcia, Jen, & Heather)
(Blog links: Craikers, Petersons)Behind the glasses are Marcia Seable and I. We were best buds through middle school and high school. Seriously, we were hardly ever apart! Do you remember when we took these pictures, Marcia? We were in 8th grade on Spring Break. We decided to get dressed up and take all these "glamor shots" of each other. (We also played basketball with some boys that day and I got very burned.)
(Blog link: Seables)This picture was taken my senior year of high school at our choir banquet. We had to have the banquet at a church because the last two weeks of school were canceled due to all those bomb threats.
Back Row: Amanda, Heather, Melissa, Marcia
Front Row: Sarah, Me
Hope you don't mind that I added you to my links list Amanda and Melissa!(Blog links: Amanda and Katsu, Whiteheads)
A glamorous Girl's Camp picture taken with Jessica! Jessica and I were good buds in high school. Behind those beautiful smiles are mosquitoes galore and 95+ degree humid weather - what good sports we were!
(Blog link: Bjorns)Onto my favorite BYU buds...
E, Shay, Ginger, Ally, & Becca
thinkamerican.com baby!
...we found these shirts at DI,
when we actually went to the website, it was some Asian site. How random.
(Blog link: Bloomfields)There's our high tech phone Shay! Shay and I were next-door-neighbors at DT our freshman year. We tore apart Shay's laundry basket and made a "phone" out it. "Why?" you ask. Ummm...because it was fun, and that's what silly freshman do.
(Blog link: Mike and Shay)
There's pretty Ally. She's a classy businesswoman these days, but I still have the picture of all of us dancing in sports bras and 2 piece swim suits...I ALMOST included that one!
There's pretty Ally. She's a classy businesswoman these days, but I still have the picture of all of us dancing in sports bras and 2 piece swim suits...I ALMOST included that one!
Hey, E, remember when you helped me make good stuff for dinner? Look at that, all the food groups - how very nutritious! You inspired me to learn how to cook. Kyle thanks you!
Chef Andrea is now the head of "E's Recipe Corner" blog (which you can also access in my links).
Chef Andrea is now the head of "E's Recipe Corner" blog (which you can also access in my links).
(Blog link: McClellands)Remember graham crackers with frosting and whip cream Becca??? Mmmm...our favorite freshman treat! And remember that one time we hid out in our room to skip FHE - turning off the lights so our FHE group thought we were gone? Why did we do that anyway? Becca was my roommate our freshman year at DT - we had good times together!







10 comments:
Thanks for that post Laura! I was lucky enough to be in there twice! I feel special. I have six flags pictures too actually. This makes me want to dig out some of my pictures and do the same thing! So fun!
OH MY GOSH. That picture is hi-larious! Those terrycloth short sets are hot! The pigtails are classic. And my legs will never look better. :o)
What a great post! I love it when my BYU buds bring up funny things from the past. It reminds me of things I haven't thought about forever and makes me laugh :) The phone was great. It actually worked, didn't it?
This was a great post. If Sarah doesn't beat me to it, I'll have to do the same thing. :-) I recognized Heather immediately, showing off some skin in that birthday one Heather!! :0 How fun!
The reason I was soaked and you were not is because I was always so sweet and docile ;) THINK AMERICAN! I love it. It's a miracle I fit into that shirt wasn't it like a XXS? Great pix, Princess. BYU would have been a whole different thing without my fiddy fiver girls.
Oh my Laura! I don't think I have a copy of that picture! We all look so funny! I do remember that night, but for some reason I remember looking or feeling pretty - I guess we remember things how we WANT them to be! Thanks for the good laugh!
Oh my goodness! I agree with Jen about the picture with us all in wedding dresses, we look so funny! And the sunglasses picture is so funny and a little embarrassing! I think I am going to copy you Laura and post some old pictures on my blog!
Do you have Becca's email address? I want to look at her blog and it is for invited readers only. So I've got to get her to invite me. I probably haven't seen her since your wedding. Where is she living now?
I have one comment: We are hot! I love thinking American. Those were fun times! I can't believe how long ago that was......6-7 years?!?! When are we going to have a 55er girl's trip? I'm in!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks for the BYU reminders! The pictures are great but the memories are even greater. I miss all my 55ers! I am not for sure why we ditched FHE but I sure it was fun! I still eat frosting and graham crackers!
Your dad still tells me how much we look alike every time I see him:) Strong Platt genes I guess.
Post a Comment