My sweet angels were in bed at 5:56pm tonight!!! (Spencer usually goes down at 6:15 and Janelle at 7:00.) Woo hoo!!! I always dread Sunday afternoons. We have church at 12:30 which means we don't get home until about 3:45 - too late for either of them to get a nap or quiet time, so both of them come home from church WIRED. Unfortunately our church time future does not look bright. Today it was announced that our church time will be changing to 2:30 pm in August - meaning we don't get done with church until 5:30. Eck! Anyway, as the clock and my patience kept ticking this afternoon, Kyle and I realized the kids just HAD to go to bed before an explosion occurred. 5:56 pm was the magical minute when we both could finally take deep breaths and enjoy the rest of our kidless evening. Sometimes I feel bad that my favorite time of the day is usually bedtime. So my question to you, is it just me or do you love it when your kids are in bed too???I took the kids to Sears about 2 weeks ago to get their 4 and 1-year-old pictures taken. Spencer was HORRIBLE, but we amazingly managed to get two...just two good ones of him! Oh well, that was all we needed. Janelle was great. There were tons of good ones of her. Here are the ones we got.




P.S. Be sure and check out Kyle's new
Psych Blog!!!
12 comments:
I love bedtime too that is for sure!! Theirs and mine.
We have had 1:00 or 2:30 church since moving to Boise. I must say however that 2:30 really isn't too bad because your kids can still get a nap in (or quiet time) before church.
I love the pictures. They are really cute.
Looks great!!
Wow, that is great you got them to bed so early! It stinks that Colin has been able to tell time for a while because he expects to go to bed no earlier. But if he is not handling himself we just have to lay down the law that he'd better straighten up or it's bed for him. Very cute pics as well!
5:56 it sounds too good to be true. You're not the only one. Most days bedtime is my favorite part of the day, I need that down time to gear up for the next day! So don't feel bad. I won't if you don't.
The pictures are adorable. I LOVE the first picture of the two of them.
Oh yeah, I love being with my kids, but bedtime is great! I can finally do what I want or need to do. Question - what time do your kids wake up in the morning? To have them both in bed by 7 usually, after having a nap or quiet time sounds great. Avary really fights having a QT, but if I give her one she'll go to sleep, but then won't really be ready for bed until 9 at least. Both Avary and Sam usually go to bed around 8, and Sam probably sleeps for a total of around 3 hours during the day. Sorry for this long comment. I've just been thinking about this lately because I've been trying to figure out a better sleep/quiet time schedule for Avary. So, it was interesting to read a little about your kids bedtime. The Sear's pics are SO CUTE!
Absolutely! Bed time is the sweetest time of the day. How on earth do you get your kids to go to bed so early and sleep all night? All our boys go down at 8:00 and it's all we feel lucky if Ezra stays asleep until 6:00am.
Don't feel bad Laura. Bedtime is my favorite time of the day too. So what time do your kids get up if they go to bed that early?
The Sear's pictures turned out really cute! I love the first one.
I love the pics. They are so cute, Sears did a great job!
they are so cute!! i've NEVER had that much luck with sears.
regan went to bed last night at 8:30 because we had company over and she STILL got up at 7 this morning. I just don't get it. So our 6:30 bedtime is sticking for sure.
Those sepia photos are so cute! I took Parker to Kiddie Kandids when he was 6 months and it was a disaster. He was so uncooperative and we didn't get one good shot. So I've never been back--with any of my kids. So how much do pictures at Sears even cost. I have NO idea? Anyway--they turned out precious.
Janelle actually didn't go to sleep until about 7:30. I could hear her singing and talking to herself for awhile, but I don't care as long as she's in her room and in her bed. Spencer fell asleep pretty quickly.
I am really lucky that my kids are such good sleepers. Neither of them get up before 7:30 and usually not until 8:00am. That's probably why Janelle doesn't nap anymore. But quiet time is good enough for me as long as she's in bed at 7:00!
Shay- here's what I've figured out that works with my kids. I usually make Janelle read books in her bed for half an hour for quiet time (long enough to give me a break but short enough so she doesn't fall asleep) and then she gets to watch a movie. Spencer takes an hour morning nap and a two hour afternoon nap (but I have to wake him up by 3:30pm or he stays up forever!). Then by 6:15 Spencer's tired and Janelle's usually tired at 6:30. Obviously every kid is different, hopefully I helped a little though! Good luck!
The pictures are sooo great!! I love early bedtimes too. I usually put the girls in bed at 6.
Post a Comment