Thursday, September 13, 2007

Vacation Week 3 - Part One


Kyle has been raving about Goblin Valley since we got married. I don't know why we never went while we lived in Utah, but every time he mentioned it it made me want to go more. So FINALLY we had the opportunity on our way to Lake Powell and it was everything Kyle talked it up to be! Goblin Valley is a state park in southern Utah with these amazing rock formations that look like...well...goblins! I think the name of the park sent Janelle into a panic because she did NOT want to get out of the car and see the rocks. But once she realized they weren't really goblins she had a lot of fun. Apparently goblins don't scare Spencer because he was once again in heaven with all the dirt and rocks and quite happy to run around such a great playground!

This last picture is my new absolute favorite, it's hard to see on the computer because the picture is kind of small, but Kyle climbed up the hill and is on top of the rocks and Spencer is (obviously) sitting below.

4 comments:

becki said...

what a fun place, i've never even heard of it. great pics.

Jenni said...

I love goblin valley too! I am always telling people about it but no one ever knows about it. I can't wait to bring Brad there someday.

Emily said...

SO WEIRD! I've seen two posts about Goblin Valley in 2 days, my friend Natalie just went and posted pics on her blog. I heard about it a year ago and have been dying to go, maybe one of these days. Spencer looks like he was in Heaven!

Seable Family said...

I had never heard of Goblin Valley. Looks like fun. Great pictures! They will make fun scrapbook pages.